It is better to lead than follow. That is why Kent Sussex Counseling is considered to be one of the major
public outpatient addiction, mental health, treatment & HIV counseling, testing and case management Centers in
Delaware’s lower counties , with offices in Dover, Georgetown, and Laurel
Our mission is to assist persons with single or co-occurring disorders in addiction, mental health, and/or
HIV / AIDS to achieve and sustain recovery; improving their health, wellness, capacity to live a self
directed life, and reach their full potential.
We accomplish this, while protecting the public through the
provision of quality, culturally competent, and financially responsible services.
Our Core Values
- Services are conducted in such manner as to enhance the dignity of all clients served
- Services provided are relevant and effective for cultures represented in the population of persons served
- Services are easily and readily accessible to all persons served including those with co-occurring mental health and other disorders affecting health and quality of life.
- All persons seeking help shall be provided effective service or assisted in accessing appropriate service should their needs be outside the scope of services provided by KSCS.
- KSCS is committed to Prevention of disorders affecting health and quality of life
- KSCS shall protect the confidentiality of all persons served by the organization
- Persons served shall be actively engaged in the recovery planning process
- Input from persons served and their families shall be actively solicited in program design and the effectiveness of service delivery
- KSCS shall provide services that are responsive to input from persons served and their families
- KSCS shall serve as a leader in advocating for services to the KSCS population of persons served
- KSCS shall promote professional development through supervision and training opportunities
- Ensure that all KSCS staff demonstrate adherence to ethical codes of their professional practice.
- Ensure that KSCS demonstrates adherence to accepted business and accounting practices